Did you know that in 2005, the average annual premium for car insurance in America was $949? Maybe you pay more than that, or maybe you pay less, but you probably aren’t too happy with what you are paying for car insurance either way.
While you think the price of your auto insurance policy is out of your control, there are a few things that you can do to make sure you are getting the lowest rate available to you.
A great way to do this is by shopping around and comparing quotes. If you haven’t compared auto insurance quotes recently, why not do so now and see if you could be paying less for your car insurance policy?
Our free car insurance rate finder makes shopping for car insurance easy. All you need to do to get started is enter your zip code in the quote box at the top of the page. You can easily compare multiple quotes from the nation’s top auto insurance companies side by side!
How Do Car Insurance Companies Decide What Rate To Give You?
Have you ever wondered why you are paying so much for car insurance? Insurance companies decide your rate based on a variety of factors. Some of the main factors include:
- Age: Younger, less experienced drivers cost more to insure.
- Gender: Male drivers cost more to insure than female drivers.
- Location: Insurance is often more expensive if you live in an urban area as opposed to a rural area.
- Vehicle: Certain vehicles, such as sports cars, can be more expensive to insure.
- Claims History: If you have made insurance claims in the past it could cause your rates to increase.
- Driving Offenses: Driving offenses can cause your rates to increase.
- Credit Score: Believe it or not, some insurance companies look at your credit score and also factor that into your rate. So having a low credit score can also increase your car insurance rate.
While many of these factors are out of your control, there are some things that you can do to lower your car insurance rates. If you have a low credit score, work on raising it to maybe lower your car insurance rates. Try not to get pulled over for speeding, and when you start thinking about buying a new car, consider not only the cost of the car but how much it will cost you in insurance.
Another way you can potentially save on your auto insurance policy, is by comparing quotes from multiple auto insurance companies to see if you are getting the best possible rate. Start now by using our free car insurance quote tool at the top of the page. It only takes a few minutes but it could save you a lot of money on car insurance!
What Are The Different Types Of Auto Insurance Coverage?
There are many types of auto insurance coverage and it is good to know what kinds there are and what kinds you have.
The main types of auto insurance coverage are:
- Liability Coverage: There are two types of liability coverage. First, bodily injury liability covers any injuries that are incurred by someone else in the event that you are at fault in an accident. Secondly, property damage liability covers damages to someone else’s property in the event that you are at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: This type of auto insurance coverage will cover damages to your car regardless of who is at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage will cover damages to your car that are not related to an accident such as fire, theft or vandalism. This is the most expensive type of car insurance.
Make sure you know what you are paying for with your auto insurance policy. Do you have the coverage you need to protect you and your family in the event of an accident?
You can get multiple car insurance quotes for free with our free car insurance quote tool. Make sure you have the policy you need.
How Can I Find Cheap Car Insurance?
No one wants to spend a fortune on car insurance. But finding cheap car insurance sometimes seems easier said than done.
However, there are ways that you can save money on your auto insurance policy.
- Look for Discounts: Many car insurance companies offer discounts such as a good student discount, safe driver discount etc.
- Raise your Deductible: By raising your deductible you can lower your auto insurance rates. Just make sure you can pay your deductible in the event of an accident.
- Bundle Insurance Policies: Many companies will give you a deal if you use them for more than one type of insurance. Already have homeowners insurance? Why not see if that company will give you a discount for purchasing auto insurance with them also?
- Compare Quotes Often: By comparing quotes every six months or so you can make sure that you are getting the best rates available to you on your auto insurance policy.
How Do I Decide On A Car Insurance Company?
Choosing an auto insurance company may seem overwhelming. There are many different companies out there and you may not know a lot about them.
When choosing an auto insurance company it is important to choose a well known reputable company. Look at customer service ratings and see how easy it is to make a claim with them if it is ever necessary.
Also, working with an independent insurance agent is important so that you can have many options when choosing a car insurance company.
Some of the top car insurance companies include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- Liberty Mutual
Shop For Car Insurance Rates Online Now!
No one insurance company is right for everyone. One insurance company may be able to offer your friend a low rate, but that same company may quote you a high rate. That is why it is so important to shop around when looking for an auto insurance company.
The easiest way to do this is by comparing quotes online. With our free car insurance quote tool you can compare multiple quotes from top car insurance companies side by side!
Why wait? Start your search for the right car insurance company for you right now!